Leera is a small planet where all the dominant species, including the Leerans who take its name, are aquatic. The planet is 92% water, while the other 8% is a few bare island and only one continent, which used to be the Leerans' only breeding ground. The oceans of Leera are as clear as air, enabling one to see for miles, and host a wide variety of underwater life. The Leeran continent was destroyed by the Animorphs to thwart the Yeerk invasion of the planet.

It is believed to have been one of the Magratheans' inspirations for planet Earth.

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.